Authentic fresh Haleem delivered at your door anywhere in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh. Official Delivery Partner for Pista House, Shadab and Hotel Sohail. Visit http://www.foodmingo.com or call 040-33163316 or SMS “Haleem” to 56263
As Ramadan is approaching, FoodMingo would like to share the Haleem recipe taken from some of the best outlets in Hyderabad. Now FoodMingo is an official Haleem delivery partner for Pista House, Paradise and Hotel Sohail in Hyderabad. If you want to enjoy Haleem at your home, visit www.foodmingo.com or call at 040-33163316 to get it home delivered from best outlets in Hyderabad
- 500 Gram cracked wheat grain, crushed and soaked in water for overnight (*You can replace Wheat Grain with lentils or use both)
- ½ cup each of channa dhal, urud dhal, mung dhal and barley soaked overnight and drained (optional)
- 1 kg beef or lamb ( bone/boneless)
- 2 onions (for garnish)
- 1 cup oil
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp ginger and garlic paste
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 ½ cup yogurt
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- Salt to taste
- ½ tbsp Black Pepper corn
- 1-2 Cinnamon Stick
- 3-4 Cloves
- 2-3 cardamom
- Fresh coriander leaves and Mint Leaves
- 3-5 Green chilli, finely chopped
- ¼ tbsp Roasted Almonds and Cashew nuts
- Sliced lemon
- Clean and wash the Beef/Lamb meat (Bone/Boneless), add oil, ginger & garlic paste, red chilli powder,turmeric powder & garam masala & mix well,
- Pressure cook the mixture for 3/4 whistles without adding too much of water,until the meat is tender.
- After the mutton mixture is tender, add little water, lemon, green chilli and yogurt, stir it.
- Then leave it for low heat till the thin layer of oil appears on the bottom surface and then let it cool down, the tender meat shed it with your fingers/folk keep aside.
- In a large heavy based pan, add wheat grain, ginger & garlic paste, turmeric powder, salt, 2-3 green chili, 3-4 black pepper corn and mixed lentils (optional) and little water if needed while boiling.
- Bring to the boil and cook until very tender and mushy.Let it blend to thick paste in a blender and keep aside.
- In a large non-stick sauce pan at medium heat,add oil, black pepper corn,cinnamon stick, cardamom, cloves and stir for few seconds and add the meat mixture.
- Add fried onions,coriander leaves & mint Leaves
- Cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Pour the wheat grain paste and mix it very well and stir for 30 minutes at a low heat.
- Serve garnished with green chilli, coriander, mint leaves cashew nuts, fried onions and sliced lemon.
|Kadalivachina Kanaka Durga|
|Rajasthan Food House|